With our partners in the HTSP (in agreement with the Scottish Government) we work to the following four priorities: http://www.htspinterface.org.uk/
(1) Social enterprise
- Increase local awareness of Support Organisations for Social Enterprise and what they offer
- Increase local recognition of the contribution to the local economy of social enterprises
- Create peer support through a roaming Social Enterprise Network
- Increase the number of social enterprises in Highland
- Support services for Social Enterprises
- Third Sector organisations are fully prepared to tender for delivery of services
- Staff are trained and supported to deliver services
- Improved Access & Communication for Social Enterprises
(2) Support & develop a strong third sector
- CVS North raises public confidence in sustainable third sector organisations
- The Capacity of Community and Voluntary Organisations’ Staff and Boards is increased.
- Voluntary organisations are better able to demonstrate the impact of their activities.
- Organisations understand, embrace and adopt quality standards and systems.
- Community and Voluntary organisations are better able to meet their legal obligations and are fit for purpose.
- Communities are developed to be empowered and sustainable.
(3) Building the third sector relationship with community planning
- The Community are more aware of Community Planning Structures and the role they can play to support community engagement
- Organisations are more able to engage and influence Community Planning and its associated structures.
- There are improved relationships between the Community and Voluntary Sector and Statutory Agencies.
- Greater partnership working between community and voluntary organisations.
(4) Promoting volunteering
Young people are successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens
- CVS North strives to overcome barriers and inequalities in volunteering Volunteers are welcome and valued to encourage them to become part of a strong, resilient safe & supported community.
- Through understanding the volunteering landscape the value and impact can be measured and then maximised by influencing policy development.
- CVS North continuously develops improvements, growth and development in volunteering.